- ( 2/3 cups ) Cacao Nibs
- ( 1 1/3 cups ) Vodka — titos
- ( 1 cup ) Water
- ( 1 1/2 cups ) Granulated Sugar
- ( 2 teaspons ) Vanilla Extract
- Combine the cacao nibs and vodka in a sealable glass jar. Shake and then let steep for 8 days.
- After the initial steeping period, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Let this syrup cool, then add to the jar along with the vanilla extract. Let steep for an additional day.
- Strain out the nibs through a sieve and then filter through a coffee filter into the bottle or jar you'll use for storage.
Adapted from seriouseats. I will be modifying the ratios in a future update and using whole vanilla beans.