- ( 1.5 oz ) Tequila, Reposado — Xicaru
- ( 1 tsp ) Agave Syrup
- ( 2 dashes ) Orange Bitters — Angostura
- ( Small chips ) Kiawe Wood
- Orange peel
- Begin by lighting the Kiawe wood chips on fire. When lit, invert a decanter over top to capture smoke. When the decanter is opaque, quickly seal the top. Put aside for later.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir.
- Pour drink into the smoke-filled decanter. Swirl for 5-10 seconds. The longer you swirl, the more smokey the cocktail.
- Transfer drink into a rocks glass over a large ice cube and express an orange peel over the glass.