- ( 1.5 oz ) Rye Whiskey — High West Double Rye
- ( 0.5 oz ) Sweet Vermouth — Carpano Antica Formula
- ( 0.5 oz ) Dry Vermouth — Dolin
- ( 0.5 oz ) Benedictine — DOM
- ( 0.25 oz ) Campari
- ( 1 tsp ) Dried Thyme Leaves
- Begin by lighting the dried thyme leaves on fire. When lit, invert a decanter over top to capture smoke. When the decanter is opaque, quickly seal the top. Put aside for later.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir.
- Pour drink into the smoke-filled decanter. Swirl for 5-10 seconds. The longer you swirl, the more smokey the cocktail.
- Transfer drink into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.