- ( 1.5 oz ) Bourbon, Cask Strength — Makers Mark Private Select
- ( 1 tsp ) Maple Syrup
- ( 3 dashes ) Aromatic Bitters — Angostura
- ( One whole stick ) Cinnamon
- Begin by torching the top of a cinnamon stick on fire. When lit, invert a decanter over top to capture the smoke. When the decanter is opaque, quickly seal the top. Put aside for later.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir.
- Pour drink into the smoke-filled decanter. Swirl for 5-10 seconds. The longer you swirl, the more smokey the cocktail.
- Transfer drink into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.