- ( 1 Tbsp ) Coarse Sea Salt
- ( 0.5 Tbsp ) Ground Ancho Chile Pepper
- ( Small chips ) Kiawe Wood
- Combine salt and ancho chile pepper into a small sauce bowl.
- Place dried wood chips near the sauce bowl. Carefully light the wood on fire and quickly cover both the salt mixture and the wood with a larger bowl. This should snuff out the fire and allow smoke to slowly accumlate.
- Allow the mixture to sit in the smoke for approximately 30 min. Reigniting the fire as needed to occupy the space with smoke.
- Store the chile salt in an air tight container.